Donations and Sponsorships
Change for our Community
Started in January of 2014, The Merc Co+op's Change for our Community Program gives shoppers the opportunity to donate their pocket change to local community organizations each time they shop. Each month, The Merc Co+op chooses a different Change recipient and all donations collected that month go to that specific organization.
In under three years, our Change program has raised over $100,000 for 28 different local organizations.
Together, we have helped fund a number or worthwhile needs and projects, including:
- the purchase of special communication devices for children who do not have a voice or who are delayed in speaking (Tiny K Early Intervention, October 2015)
- tuition scholarships for Douglas County children in need (Positive Bright Start, March 2016)
- providing for the immediate needs of those seeking shelter, including fresh, healthy food (Willow Domestic Violence Center, May 2016)
THERE ARE 3 WAYS TO CONTRIBUTE TO CHANGE:
- Round Up: Round the amount of your order up to the next dollar and the difference will be redirected to this month's Change recipient.
- Change Jars: Drop your spare change into the jars at our cash registers.
- Bag Refunds: Bring your own bag, and the 5 cent bag refund will be redirected to the Change recipient.
At The Merc Co+op we are deeply committed to our community. We respect and support the many organizations, schools and churches that help make Lawrence such a strong and vibrant place to live. Each year we receive hundreds of requests for donations from these organizations – all with valid and pressing needs. Due to the volume of requests we receive, we have created a procedure for requesting a donation. Following the steps outlined below will make it easier for your organization to make a request and will allow us to more fairly consider each request we receive.
To be considered as a donation recipient, please complete our donation application and return it to The Merc Co+op attention Nancy O'Connor, Education and Outreach Director.
We are proud to be a community partner and supporter of projects and events. Like any organization, we do have limited funds to use. To that end, we appreciate your assistance in submitting requests well in advance so that requests can be adequately reviewed and considered.
To be considered as a sponsorship recipient, please fill out the form below or email or drop off materials regarding your event (including: event name, date of event, sponsorship benefits, number of people attending, contact information) to Valerie Taylor, Marketing Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org