The Board of Directors represents all 7,600+ owners and shape the vision for the co-op while evaluating the current performance of the business through Policy Governance. A strong and successful cooperative depends on a highly functional and effective Board of Directors. Your co-op needs your input in guidance and leadership to continue to thrive as a cooperative business. Claim one of your most powerful rights of co-op ownership and vote today!
The Merc Co+op's Board of Directors is comprised of seven co-op owners who are elected by the general ownership and serve three-year terms. Any co-op owner may run for a board position and all co-op owners in good standing with shares paid in full by August 31, 2018 are eligible to vote.
- Friday, July 6 – Applications available online and at customer service. Board members available during Owner Appreciation Days or via email for questions regarding board roles and responsibilities.
- Monday, August 6 and/or Monday, September 10 – Candidates encouraged to attend board meeting at 6 p.m.
- Friday, August 10 – Application deadline. Send responses to candidate questions to Board@TheMerc.Coop to be published online at www.TheMerc.Coop.
- Late August (date TBA) – Candidate interviews. The board meets with the candidates to explain the work of the board and answer questions. Candidates will be contacted by a board member to arrange interviews.
- Friday, August 31 – Date of Record. (Owners as of this date can vote in the election and attend the Annual Owner Meeting.)
- Friday, September 7–Sunday, October 21 – Elections. Ballots accepted in-store and online.
- Friday, November 2 – Annual Co-op Meeting with announcement of successful candidates.
Election results will be announced at the Annual Co-op Meeting on Friday, November 2, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. at the Cider Gallery and on the website thereafter.
Contact the co-op at 785-843-8544 or firstname.lastname@example.org.