The Board of Directors represents all 7,600+ owners and shape the vision for the co-op while evaluating the current performance of the business through Policy Governance. A strong and successful cooperative depends on a highly functional and effective Board of Directors. Your co-op needs your input in guidance and leadership to continue to thrive as a cooperative business. Claim one of your most powerful rights of co-op ownership and vote today!
The Merc Co+op's Board of Directors is comprised of seven co-op owners who are elected by the general ownership and serve three-year terms. Any co-op owner may run for a board position and all co-op owners in good standing with shares paid in full by August 31, 2018 are eligible to vote.
- Friday, July 6: Applications available online or at customer service
- Friday, August 10: Application deadline. Send responses to candidate questions to Board@TheMerc.Coop to be published online
- August 19-25: Candidate interviews.
- Friday, August 31: Date of Record. (Owners as of this date can vote in the election and attend the Annual Owner Meeting.)
- Friday, September 7 – October 31: Voting in-store and on-line.
- November 2: Annual Co-op Meeting with announcement of successful candidates.
Election results will be announced at the Annual Co-op Meeting on Friday, November 2, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. at the Cider Gallery and on the website thereafter.
Contact the co-op at 785-843-8544 or firstname.lastname@example.org.