The results of the 2017 Board of Director's Election was announced at the Annual Co-op Meeting on November 10, 2017. The results are as follows:
- Judy Dutton: 46.53%
- Anthony Lang: 41.06%
Eligible Voters: 7,567
Total Ballots Cast: 418
- In Store Ballots: 65
- Online Ballots: 353
- Abstentions: 1
The Board of Directors represents all 7,600+ owners and shape the vision for the co-op while evaluating the current performance of the business through Policy Governance. A strong and successful cooperative depends on a highly functional and effective Board of Directors. Your co-op needs your input in guidance and leadership to continue to thrive as a cooperative business. Claim one of your most powerful rights of co-op ownership and vote today!
The Merc Co+op's Board of Directors is comprised of seven co-op owners who are elected by the general ownership and serve three-year terms. Any co-op owner may run for a board position and all co-op owners in good standing with shares paid in full by August 31, 2017 are eligible to vote.
- Voting will occur from October 1 through November 5, 2017.
- Voting will take place through a secure, online portal as well as by paper ballots available in store.
- Voters will log in using their owner number as their username and the email tied to their ownership account as the password.
- Owners with single digit ownership numbers must insert a zero (0) before their number, i.e. “02.”
- Voters will select from three candidates to fill two open seats. (Scroll down to meet the candidates.)
Election results will be announced at the Annual Co-op Meeting on Friday, November 10, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. at the Carnegie Building and on the website thereafter.
Questions or having trouble logging in, contact Tony Gradert, Owner Services Specialist at 785-843-8544 or firstname.lastname@example.org.