We are committed to providing the best customer service in Lawrence and that starts with our employees. In striving to be the best employer in town, we offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Those benefits include:
- a generous store discount
- medical, dental and vision insurance (at 30 hours per week) of which The Merc Co+op pays a portion and free life insurance
- a 401(k) retirement plan of which The Merc Co+op matches up to 3%
- Free community classes
- And so much more!
Full and Part Time Opportunities
The worker is just as important as the work. For over forty years The Merc Co+op has worked to create an environment that promotes personal and professional growth. We take great pride in providing an exceptional customer experience and we recognize that the only way to do that is to find, train and retain exceptional staff.
The co-op is a full service grocer and food service provider. Our staff does everything from ordering, stocking and cashiering to made-from-scratch food production. If you are looking for a career with purpose and meaning, a food co-op that nourishes the local economy and the health of our community is a fantastic option.
We are proud to have been named in the top 5 "Best Places to Work (100+ employees)" in Lawrence, Kansas by the readers of the Lawrence Journal World in 2016 and 2017!
Two Ways to Apply
- To help us find these exceptional employees, we hold weekly "Get to Know You" interviews in our cafe. Every Thursday from 2-3 p.m. Zac Hamlin, Human Resources Manager, personally accepts applications and has individual conversations with applicants. Our employees work with real live people every day, and we believe that we owe applicants the same consideration.
- If you are not available for "Get to Know You" interviews, you may download an application and bring it in to the store along with your resume, or email your application and resume to HR@TheMercCoop. If we have a position that is a good fit for your skill set and your schedule, we will give you a phone call for an interview. We retain all applications for 90 days, but if you see a different job opening that you're interested in after a few months, please feel free to apply again.