please note: Due to the popularity of co-op classes, we cannot accommodate walk-ins. Everyone must pre-register.
There is a self-service class sign-up counter near the entrance of our classroom. To sign up with cash, check, or class gift certificate, fill out a registration form, put it in the provided envelope along with your class payment, and drop it in the drop box. To sign up with credit or debit card, use the computer on the counter to register via our website. We cannot accept Merc Co-op gift cards for class payments.
For your convenience, we are happy to accept registrations by mail. Please call and ask for the Education & Outreach Department to make sure there is still space available. We can be reached at 785-843-8544, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Include the name of the class you are registering for, a phone number and a check for payment made out to "The Merc Co+op."
Mail to: The Merc Co+op
Attn: Nancy O'Connor
901 Iowa Street
Lawrence, Kansas 66044
Select the class(es) in which you want to enroll. Fill out the required fields for each participant attending the class and your payment information. You may register for multiple classes at one time. You will receive an email notification confirming your registration.
The Nuts & Bolts
- Classes are limited to 32 participants, unless otherwise noted.
- Prepayment is required to assure your place in class. We cannot hold class space for those who do not include payment with their class registration.
- Class registration closes 24 hours prior to class.
- We will contact you if there is a question about your registration, otherwise you can assume you are in the class.
- We do not make reminder calls, however please help yourself to a reminder sticker for your calendar, available at the class registration cart.
- If you must miss a class please give us at least 48 hours' notice. We will issue you a credit that may be used for any of our classes in the future.
- If you don't show for a class and haven't called us 48 hours prior to the class, we will not be able to issue a class credit.
- Classes will be cancelled if minimum enrollment is not met 48 hours prior to class. Participants will be notified and class credit or full refund will be issued if class is cancelled.
- Class gift certificates may be purchased for any amount and are available at the Customer Service Desk or from the Education & Outreach Department.
- Scholarships are offered to those who need them−please talk to Nancy O'Connor.
- Material presented in co-op classes reflects the views and opinions of the presenter and is not an endorsement of products sold or philosophies held by The Merc Co+op.
We cannot accommodate walk-ins. Attendees must register in advance. Must be 21 or over to attend classes that include alcohol. Material presented in class reflects the views and opinions of the presenter and is not an endorsement of products sold or philosophies held by The Merc Co+op.