Board of Directors Elections
The Board of Directors represents all 7,800+ owners and shape the vision for the co-op while evaluating the current performance of the business through Policy Governance. A strong and successful cooperative depends on a highly functional and effective Board of Directors. Your co-op needs your input in guidance and leadership to continue to thrive as a cooperative business. Claim one of your most powerful rights of co-op ownership and vote in our board elections!
The Merc Co+op's Board of Directors is comprised of nine co-op owners who are elected by the general ownership and serve three-year terms. Any co-op owner may run for a board position and all co-op owners in good standing with shares paid in full by September 2, 2019 are eligible to vote.
There are two open seats on the board.
Board eleCtion timeline 2019
The co-op conducts elections using electronic and written voting. if possible, we need your completed application in advance of the deadline to allow time to prepare the electronic materials.
• Saturday, April 20 – applications available online and at customer service. Board members available during owner appreciation Days or via email for questions regarding board roles and responsibilities.
• Monday, June 3, July 1, or August 5 – candidates required to attend one board meeting at 6 p.m.
• Friday, August 16– Application deadline. Application packets must be completed and received by this date. They are to be sent to Judy Dutton, Board@TheMerc.coop, to be published.
• Monday, September 2 – Date of record. (Owners as of this date can vote in the election and attend the Annual Owner Meeting.)
• Monday, September 9 - Sunday, October 20 – Elections. Ballots accepted in-store and online.
• Friday, November 1 – Annual Co-op Meeting with announcement of successful candidates.
Election results will be announced at the Annual Co-op Meeting on Friday, November 1, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. at the Cider Gallery and on the website thereafter.
Contact the co-op at 785-843-8544 or email@example.com.